Translate

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

First Post! - Hiking across Scotland this April!

Ok, so I have decided to hike across Scotland in April 2014!  The plan is to walk from Poolewe on the west coast to Montrose on the east coast, a point-to-point distance of about 220 km (135 miles). The whole trip should take me about 2 weeks. I'm planning to take a few resupply and rest stops, most importantly Aviemore at the edge of the Cairngorms National Park, but otherwise I'll be carrying food and sleep under a tarp.



The reason for this blog is that I'm hoping to raise some money for a Swiss charity that supports families with severly ill and disabled kids. Consider to donate, the PayPal button is on the right!  I'm, of course, donating 100% of what you friends and family will donate ... I am not in need of a sponsor for the trip!

I'll write down some of my thoughts on routing, gear etc. on this blog during the preparation phase, hopefully of interest to some.  And, maybe I can even figure out how to update my progress here during the walk.  Otherwise, the actual trip report will follow soon after the walk.


No comments:

Post a Comment